The reason for this article is Molly, a little baby girl, merely a couple of months old. Her parents never anticipated what was in store for them. While they were lunching, Molly began to scream and cry, but they suspected nothing more than the ordinary.
Initially, her parents were not that worried. However, when they realized that they couldn’t stop Molly, they got worried alright. They thought her outburst was making her overheat, which is why they removed her socks only to reveal something horrific. Molly’s dad posted the following message on Facebook:
Had a small scare this afternoon with Ms. Molly. What happened was new to me, but apparently not totally uncommon, so I figured I’d share with my fellow parents out there.
I was with the family over lunch and Molly was cranky and screaming–nothing out of the ordinary. As worked up as she was getting, she started to overheat, which prompted Jess to remove her socks and cool her down. That’s when we saw her toe. This is called a hair tourniquet, which is literally a strand ofhair that, while inside a sock, unexplainably wraps around a toe so tight that it can cut through the skin and potentially cut off blood circulation.
The doctor told me, for future reference, to always check the toes if the baby is inconsolable. Just an FYI to any parents or care takers out there.
Molly’s parents’ message is an important one, and has been shared more than 30,000 times. If you know any new parents, please share this warning.