The best and cheapest way to relax your mind and muscles are showers! Who doesn’t like taking a nice and long shower, some time for yourself, some time to breathe. Some even go all the way to set the right atmosphere, like lighting some candles, playing music, buying scented soaps and so on. For those of you, who enjoy doing this type of things, continue to read this article, we have some interesting tips in store. For those who don’t, let us change your mind, you won’t regret it.
One simple and yet very effective trick is to hang eucalyptus from your shower head.
What is Eucalyptus?
Eucalyptus is a tree native to Australia that has been used in aboriginal medicine for millennia. Eucalyptus has a strong scent that quickly clears your airways and chases away mental fog.
Its leaves are quite hardy, so it’s perfect to use in the shower, just as long as it doesn’t get too wet.
Eucalyptus and Steam
Eucalyptus essential oil is steam-extracted so keeping a few branches in a steamy shower activates the plant’s beneficial properties. It’s especially helpful when used to treat the respiratory symptoms of the cold and flu.
Other benefits include:
- Antibacterial and analgesic properties
- Boosts your immune system
- Expectorant (pushes out phlegm)
- Antiparasitic (works well against head lice)
- Fights inflammation
- Invigorating and relaxing scent
- Soothes aching joints
How To Use Eucalyptus
Hang it in the Shower
This easy trick will get you excited to get in the shower and get clean!
- Buy eucalyptus. Fresh Eucalyptus can be found in most flower shops, health food stores, and craft stores.
- Tie together the ends of two or three branches using twine or cotton string.
- Use another piece of twine to secure the bunch on your showerhead, hanging it downwards and as close to the wall as you can. The leaves can tolerate some water, but they’ll quickly get moldy if they’re constantly soaked.
- Turn your tap to hot and hop in!
- Replace the eucalyptus every week.
Use it in DYI bath products
Add a few drops of eucalyptus oil to your homemade deodorant, toothpaste, or soap. When in doubt, make a eucalyptus-scented shower tablet and pop it in before showering.
- Eucalyptus & Lemongrass essential oil
- 1 lemon
- 3 cups of baking soda
- 1 cup of water
- A silicon cupcake or ice cube tray
- Combine baking soda with 1 cup of water in a large mixing bowl until it has a glue-like texture.
- Grate the peel of your lemon and add it in. Stir to combine.
- Pack the mixture into your molds, pressing down firmly to make sure they don’t crumble when you pop them out. If you want to add decorative leave or petals, place them at the bottom of your mold before filling it up.
- Add 5-10 drops of each oil to each tablet, depending on its size and your preference.
- Let them sit in a cool dry place until completely dry (5-7 days).
Pro tip:You can speed along the process by baking them at 350°F for 15 minutes. Just make sure to do this before adding the essential oil (as it will cook up and lose most of its scent) and to pack your tablets in an oven-safe mold.
- Pop the tablets out of the mold and store them in a glass jar in your bathroom.
- To use, place a shower tablet on the floor of your shower (away from the drain) and enjoy!
Read also: The 30-Second Shower Trick that Puts Your Body in Fat Burning Mode and Helps Relieve Depression