Mosquitoes and a lot of other insects are the cause and the reason why our many comfortable yard celebrations and parties convert into a feast. But feast for the nasty flying bugs that are feeding by our blood. Some individuals are also allergic and other people are scared of the really serious infections that can be carried by this annoying insects. Not to talk about the irritation and inflammation they make on our skin area.
Unfortunately, mosquito bites aren’t just itchy and annoying. Mosquitoes can carry diseases and spread them to humans. Mosquitoes have been known to carry:
- Zika – linked to birth defects
- Dengue – can lead to hemorrhagic fever
- West Nile – causes fever, joint pain, vomiting and rashes
- Malaria – causes fever, chills and vomiting
- Yellow Fever – can cause jaundice, chills and vomiting
- Chikungunya – can cause joint pain, rashes and nausea
- La Crosse Encephalitis – can cause fever and nausea
- Rift Valley Fever – can cause dizziness, weakness and eye damage
- Jamestown Canyon Virus – can cause flu-like symptoms
- Snowshoe Hare Virus – can cause dizziness, vomiting and rashes
There are more than 175 known species of mosquitoes in the United States, and it’s important to learn how to protect yourself from them.
And now you can learn how to get rid of mosquitoes naturally and cheaply, using just one ingredient!
Commercial repellents are full of chemicals and have negative impact on our health, and are definitely not recommended around pets and toddlers. And they can be pretty expensive too!
Recent studies have shown that coffee grounds can be very effective natural repellents and can keep away a different kind of insects, such as mosquitoes, wasps and bees. This is also confirmed by the The Environmental Protection Agency.
The smell of burning coffee grounds is the best solution for protecting yourself from mosquitoes. Insects have a strong sense of smell, and coffee grounds, which have a strong odor, repel them.
How do you use coffee grounds to get rid of mosquitoes ?
Take fresh or used coffee grounds, put them in a bowl and cover it with aluminum foil. When the grounds dry, place them in your garden and burn them.
This is the easiest and cheapest way to protect yourself and your children from mosquitoes and have a safe summer.
Want to see the trick in action? Check out this video!