The polycystic ovary syndrome mostly appears during a woman’s most fertile reproductive years and it happens due to imbalanced hormones.This condition may develop at an earlier age from the first period or later on in life right up until menopause, there is no rule. However, you need to be ready and watchful in case you notice the following symptoms:
- Too much hair on the face and body – increased hair growth can occur on the back, stomach, fingers, chest, and chin.
- Irregular menstrual cycle – this is the most common sign.
- Acne – this condition can cause the skin to become oily and during this condition the pimples can be very deep and painful.
- Problems with the insulin levels – at this point you need to know that the excess insulin can interfere with the proper work of the ovary and the ovulation.
- In most of the cases depression can occur.
How to treat this condition?
The treatment of this condition is different for each person. The doctor may prescribe some lifestyle changes. It may prescribe birth control pills that will help you regulate your period and reduce the production of androgens.
If you recognize some of the symptoms make sure that you talk to your doctor so that you will find out the diagnosed and find the best way to treat this condition.